Privacy Director – Sault Ste. News Mary
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We’re ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Chief Privacy Officer to lead OLG’s enterprise-wide privacy and LCAP program to ensure legal compliance. , applicable regulations and policies, protect the privacy of personal information in the custody or control of OLG, and provide expert strategic advice on privacy and CASL-related matters for all aspects of business operations and services shares of OLG.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Managing Counsel, Legal Services (Corporate & Litigation), you will be empowered to:
- Lead the design, implementation, management and periodic review of the program framework and tools used by OLG to meet its obligations under Part III of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- Oversee the development and maintenance of OLG’s Privacy Breach and CASL Breach Protocols.
- Oversee investigations of complaints and breaches of confidentiality and CASL, including reporting to regulators.
- Provide expert advice on privacy and CASL matters to all OLG lines of business, shared services and leadership groups.
- Liaise with the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario and the CRTC on matters related to privacy, CASL and OLG practices.
- Oversee and manage an enterprise-wide regulatory compliance program incorporating privacy-by-design processes to enhance the second line of defense across all lines of business.
- Oversee and manage the adequacy of privacy and CASL communication policies, tools and procedures to ensure reflection of best practices and current government and industry legal requirements.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for privacy risk assessments, privacy impact assessments and audits in coordination with other compliance/audit departments in the organization.
- Identify contentious issues/risks and brief senior management to ensure strategic advice is provided on access, privacy and CASL related issues.
- Oversee the development and delivery of educational and communication materials regarding access, privacy and CASL.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective enforcement, administration and compliance with FIPPA/LCAP.
- Oversee privacy contract terms and negotiations for third parties providing services involving OLG personal information.
- Manage a team of skilled privacy professionals, including providing them with strategic advice and coaching to ensure workplace development and foster a high-performing work culture.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of 6 years of experience in a senior privacy role, including responsibilities for CASL; experience managing a privacy program and team within a large public or private sector organization
Education: University degree in law, information, public policy, business management or other related field; Recognized privacy certifications from IAPP (e.g. CIPM; CIPP/CIPT), PACC (CAPP; MAPP) or similar preferred
Knowledge and Understanding: Exceptional knowledge of FIPPA and CASL and privacy by design; solid understanding of IT and data management systems and tools as they relate to privacy compliance and experience in a related field
Critical Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and written and verbal communication and presentation skills; exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; superior relationship management and negotiation skills
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATES:
- AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be built on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers on its promises. significant benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by February 24, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.