NID Director Ricki Heck Seeks Re-Election to Protect Our Watershed – YubaNet
We cannot live without water. I am seeking re-election to protect our watershed and ensure our community’s water security from the multiple threats of drought and wildfires.
As Nevada Irrigation District (NID) Director for four years, I have been dedicated to protecting our precious water resources. I worked to ensure we had a safe, clean, affordable and reliable water supply for our homes, farms and businesses.
It has been an honor for me to work side by side with you, residents and farmers of District 1, during my first term. Together we have:
- Implementation of innovative forest thinning, grassland restoration and flammable fuel reduction programs. These actions will produce a more sustainable and resilient water supply in the face of climate change;
- Hired a new CEO who shares my commitment to fiscal responsibility and transparency. We created a healthier organization, retained our dedicated staff, and overhauled NID’s financial and budgeting processes;
- Ensure that all interested groups – farmers, environment, business and construction – have a seat at the table and their voices are heard; and
- NID insisted on using the best scientific and data-based information as the basis for decision-making, including the Water Plan.
As a Nevada County resident of 42 years, wife and mother of five with three grandchildren, and a passionate gardener, I ask for your vote for re-election on November 8, 2022. I have the leadership skills and experience in business to keep NID fiscally responsible and accountable.
As a former County Planning Commissioner, I have the land use expertise to help manage NID’s 10,000 acres. My business experience managing over $1 billion in assets will be leveraged to oversee NID’s $90 million budget. I will make wise decisions that will support the hardworking NID staff and avoid heavy debt.
If you re-elect me to represent you, I will work hard to:
- Extend water lines in neighborhoods where there are none, providing treated water and fire hydrants;
- Provide real incentives to conserve residential and agricultural water to withstand drought;
- Protect our watershed and fireproof the NID’s aging infrastructure;
- Support our local farmers and ranchers; and
- Respond directly to you quickly, resolve issues, and get your questions answered.
I’m proud to have the endorsement of former NID director Nancy Weber; County Supervisors Heidi Hall and Hardy Bullock; current NID directors Karen Hull, Chris Bierwagen and Rich Johanson; local farmers Tim Van Wagner and Aleta Barrett; community leaders like Dr. Roger Hicks of YubaDocs, John Volz, Lisa Swarthout, Terry McAteer, Walt Abbey, Mike Snegg, Chris Owen, Kathryn McCamant and many more. You can read the full list of mentions on my website: www.ricki4nid.com.
Statement submitted by the Committee to re-elect Ricki Heck for NID 2022.