Accounting Director – Q City Metro
L&L Management, Inc.
L&L Management, Inc. is a family office created in 2005 to simplify the lives of our clients by managing their financial, administrative and personal affairs, offering a variety of high-end, confidential, personalized services,
targeted services provided by expert professionals. Clients include a wealthy family from Charlotte and its related entities, including the Leon Levine Foundation. Our services include personal bookkeeping and equity reporting; cash flow planning; payment of invoices and expense reports; coordination of tax planning; investment and balance sheet management; legal control; insurance management; social benefits and human resources; and concierge services.
One of the largest private granting foundations in the Central Atlantic, the Leon Levine Foundation is focused on creating pathways to self-reliance through investments in education, health, social and Jewish services.
values. Last year, we made more than $ 30 million in grants to nonprofits in North and South Carolina.
At L&L Management and the Leon Levine Foundation, you will be surrounded by intelligent, motivated and collaborative teammates with varied life experiences and join some of our region’s most dedicated philanthropists in our traditional yet dynamic setting.
We are looking for employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths and life experiences to join our team located in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is essential to our success that this diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We continue to work to create a fair workplace where all great ideas reach the top.
The Accounting Manager directs the office’s accounting policies, procedures and team. This position is primarily responsible for accounting operations, systems, analysis and reporting. The accounting director
works strategically with and reports to the CFO. In this role, the accounting manager must:
• Support the organization’s accounting and finance function by capturing, analyzing and communicating cross-platform financial information.
• Strategically approach short and long term opportunities within the organization and recommend improvements in all areas including organizational efficiency, tax liability, transfer planning and investment
• Oversee the internal preparation of the information provided for tax returns, manage relationships with a third party CPA firm and verify the accuracy of all tax returns. The successful candidate will be able to organize
information and provide all required deliverables in a timely manner and of high quality.
• Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and consolidated reports for various entities, including a very complex investment partnership construction with around a dozen partners, including
individuals, trusts and a private foundation.
• Understand general audit procedures and the ability to structure reports to be able to provide requested documents / reports and answer questions.
• Implement and manage the company’s payroll and benefits needs in a consistent manner
• Supervise staff, including delegation of work, feedback and problem solving.
L&L Management, Inc. and the Leon Levine Foundation have discovered that a consistent demonstration of certain character traits is necessary to be an effective member of our team and to advance in your career. Successful team members demonstrate a willingness to succeed in all endeavors, usually supported by adaptability to changing circumstances and resilience to overcome setbacks. In all roles, it is essential to always demonstrate personal integrity, as well as curiosity and humility in learning from and from others. Often there are no predefined solutions to the problems we seek to solve, so effective intelligence (finding creative solutions to difficult problems) and the ability to work as part of a team is required. Finally, as representatives of a well-known organization, it is imperative to exhibit emotional strength, demonstrating the ability to make logical decisions and regulate emotions in stressful situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, preferably master’s degree
• Active certified public accountant
• Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience, preferably in a multi-entity company
• Experience in preparing and revising various tax forms including 709, 990PF, 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120
• Advanced skills in the Microsoft suite including Excel and experience with QuickBooks
• Experience with alternative investments and accounting for several asset classes
Our investment in you
• Compensation for this exempt full-time position will be competitive and commensurate with experience
• You will be eligible for a performance-based review and adjustment every June 30. In addition to your salary, you are eligible for an annual performance bonus.
• 401 (k) with a 5% match for the company.
• Health insurance (75% of premiums paid by the employer)
• Fully paid dental, disability and life insurance
• 15 days of paid leave which increases with continued employment, as well as paid sick leave.
• Professional development opportunities
The small print
Our team is currently working full time in our Charlotte, NC office with health and safety precautions in place. L&L Management, Inc. and the Leon Levine Foundation support a harassment-free environment and
retaliation and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religious beliefs, color, national origin, physical disability or mental or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more about who we are and what we do at www.leonlevinefoundation.org
Our hiring process
Individuals wishing to become a candidate for the position of Director of Accounting at L&L Management, Inc. should prepare a cover letter (no more than 500 words) explaining why they wish to apply for the position and why they are thinking
they would succeed at L&L Management, Inc. with a resume.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.