A Chinese company will act as a service provider for the realization of tolls at the Bangabandhu tunnel


November 16, 2022, 2:25 PM

Last modification: November 16, 2022, 2:29 PM

China Communications Construction Company Ltd will act as the service provider to provide maintenance and perform tolls at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Tunnel at Chattogram at a cost of approximately Tk 983.82 crore.

The approval came from the 34th meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Government Procurement (CCGP) held this year on Wednesday virtually under the chairmanship of Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal.

Briefing reporters virtually after the meeting, Deputy Secretary of the Cabinet Division, Sayeed Mahbub Khan, said the day’s meeting approved a total of eight proposals.

He informed that following a proposal from the Bangladesh Bridge Authority under the Bridge Division, the CCGP meeting endorsed the proposal to appoint the Chinese company as the service provider for the first country tunnel in port city.

Mahbub said under the proposal, about 65% or about 656.99 crore of Tk will be provided to CCCC in local currency while the remaining 35% or about 326.84 crore of Tk will be provided in foreign currency.

He said that as part of the proposal, the part of the payment to be made in US dollars was specified.

Comments are closed.